Saturday, September 8, 2007

Want to Know Where to PARTY?



The above heading I copied from the Wasatch Back cross country relay website. For those of you who have not been recruited by Pamchenko or myself - The Wasatch Back is a 176 mile run on backroads from Logan to Park City. Naturally, the feat is accomplished in teams.
And we, my friends, are compiling our team of Running Lunatics.




Like any successful team we need to unify ourselves by choosing a stellar team name. Various emails have been circulating several good suggestions. Unlike other races, you register as a team instead of individually and you cannot register without a team name. If you are planning on running you need to email Pamchenko your vote by this Sunday ( if you need that address leave me a comment) and then she will register the team once the votes are collected. Check out the website. There is extensive information on how much each person runs, elevations, training schedules etc. This race is gonna be crazy! If you aren't sure you can commit (the race isn't until next June) we would still love your input. If you don't vote you can't complain when we decide to call ourselves Team Super Fudge Chunk.

There have been some rumors of appointing a team captian. Indeed, I received a ridiculously long voice mail from Sue expressing concerns over whether she was cut out for the job. Of course Sue would be an ideal captain and I think she should shoulder this resposibility as well as start wearing a viking helmet with horns and braids BUT i don't want her to feel pressure. Besides, Toad insists that they will be in Hawaii during June. Funsucker.

Therefore, I suggest we appoint Pamchenko as team captain - she's a running veteran, benevolent dictator, and most importantly she's committed to bagging this race.

4 comments:

StrykerLOVE said...

I am NOT volunteering for the team captain - but let the team captain know that I will 'stand in' for them if they want and go to the team captain meeting since its here in Kaysville at the Davis County Tech college - so no big drive for me (and for the occation can I wear the Viking Hat?)

Unknown said...

I want to join the team! Really. I am giving my medium level committmmenntt (I can never remember which are double letters so I made them all), June is far away!!!
I totally vote for Pamchenko as team captain.
As for the name-
Nice Team
Bringin' Wasatch Back
Run More, Eat More.
OK- It already got picked. Still wanted to post my opinion!

Rachel said...

Heids! I finally found your blog. I got some emails from your mom about the team name, but neglected to email her back (bad niece!). What was the final pick? I hope it was Run More, Eat More because that was the one I was going to vote for if I had gotten around to voting. Maybe my vote vibes made it all the way back to you and Co.

Spencer said...

Hey,
This sounds like a blast! I'm excited to see if I can, in my more mature years, ride with Whitney on a long road trip without episodes of flying M&M's and skittles :) J/K I loveth thee whitney. I think the running genes come from the Budge side, so rock on!