Friday, September 7, 2007

Get Thee to a Bunnery



Today is Bunny's birthday. Besides declaring that she is one of my top people, I should like to share some of my top moments of Bunny history.

- During one of our trips into the Uintas a nasty storm hit us. The first day soaked us to the bone, making the set up of camp a miserable affair. We rushed about trying to get our tent up and find dry places to stash our packs, all the while shivering and snapping at each other in our sopping clothes and gear. Finally, as we climbed into our freezing but dry sleeping bags, Bunny insisted that I reach down and unzip her pants for her as her hands were too frozen for such fine motor movement. I declined at first. But I soon realized that her capacity for piss and vinegar was yet untapped and so I tried to be obliging.

-All the nights she helped me with stats homework and all the Math Curse! phone calls she calmy fielded.

- The first time, while sitting at the kitchen table, she gave me her impromptu rendition of Silverstein's Deadly Eye. Her eyes were as big as saucers, veins popping, and her cheeks were flushed. This talent for oddity has since been immortalized and can make me laugh any place, at any time.

-When she finally gave up speaking proper English and started calling Bangerter, Bangety

-When she ran her first half marathon. I was at the finish waiting to cheer for her and when she came through triumphant and strong I knew I had to do the same. She was inspirational.

-All the times when we were little and she would lay in her bed at night and beg me to come running down the hall and jump on her.

-After her wedding reception she and I stood in our parent's bedroom and talked about how to handle honeymoon anxiety while I helped her unlace the world's tightest corset.

-During See How They Run she would come on stage and say, "Oim Oida!" and everyone backstage would collapse with laughter. Comic genius.

-When I get to see her bossing her class around. "WHY IS THERE ALL THIS TALKING?"

-When, baited to the breaking point, she told Toad to go to hell.

-On a road trip to Denver when I was depressed and broken hearted yet she never gave up on me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love.


4 comments:

Deven and Eva said...

Thanks Heider Head,
I would like to add one last tidbit for all to read. I am also the genuis behind the ugliest and most unsatisfiying nickname Heidi posses. I will surely face scorn and ridicule by divulging it here as Hide refuses to answer to this name. So maybe I won't after such a great post.
Love your guts Boferdoo

StrykerLOVE said...

Happy B-day Eva - you are beautiful
whitney

Heiderhead said...

Eva-D,
She was our elf-child with twinkly eyes that crinkle up when she laughs....
All the years that I spent hauling her up and down mountains with her sister and cousins paid off this summer when I wanted to wait out the thunder storm at Anderson's Pass below King's Peak. She made the final ascent with me so that I wouldn't quit. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she hiked the King last summer with lacerations across the balls of her feet on a severe clear day, and then hiked down and back packed out on the same day...16 miles! Evan is the Amazon in our family lineup of Warrior Queens!
I love you, honey...Pamchenko

sarah said...

-When she brazenly, yet unwittingly, flaunted her full lilly buttocks to the Saturday morning onlookers at JB's, much to their delight, for want of a less transparent pair of yellow Umbro soccer shorts.

Happy Birthday Eva. Thank you for always taking the bait! I'll spare you another "elf-child with twinkly eyes that crinkle." Heidi's readership might think we all grew up in a snow globe.

-For always taking the bait