Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer Plans

Summer is a magical time. My memories of childhood summers are so drenched in good nostalgia I can hardly stand it. Unfortunately, I find that as an adult my summer passes in an air conditioned office, in the same way as the rest of the seasons. Come September I will panic, grasp at last moment summery activities, and try to jam as many cobs of corn as I can in my mouth. Today I vow not to let the summer pass me by without a more concerted effort to enjoy it. Here is Heiderhead's List of ways to put more summer in her summer.
1. Take my shoes off and walk around on the hot cement.
2. Eat more produce. Especially watermelon.
3. Spontaneous swimming activities. Despite popular opinion I can be quite spontaneous.
4. Get my neighbors, all retired folks, to play night games with me.
5. Buy Slurpees. Free Slurpee day is this Friday! Ha! Beat you to it LD.
6. Go to a rocking summer concert.

5 comments:

Tian Tian said...

I feel that all blog posts, even short ones, should be rewarded with a comment. This sort of theory runs in the same vain as "be nice to the boys you have crushes on so they will like you back." What do you think HH? I think LD would agree; she's my standard of niceness.

Unknown said...

Summer IS magical! I totally thought of free slurpees yesterday, but have been quite the lazy blogger recently. Shoot, you totally beat me.

Tian Tian- I am your standard of niceness?!?! I am so flattered. And yes, be nice to them. Even if they don'tlike you back, you will feel better about it anyway.

How many cobs can you eat in one sitting anyway, Hide?

Unknown said...

Oh, I also love the new Summer look of your blog. :)

Rich said...

Disclaimer: This comment has nothing to do with the carcinogenic effects of artificial sweeteners.

There's just a little catch on the free Chick-fil-a.. you can read all about it on my blog. By the way, if you do go to C-f-a I want pictures!!

The Perkins Fam said...

We did have some great summers when we were kids didn't we?? I only hope I can fill my own child's summers with such fun!!