Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pie Heaven

“When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if not…mmmmm, boy!”
Jack Handey


The other day I commented to a friend that I have been trying to break into the pie scene for awhile now. My efforts haven't been entirely in vain and definitely haven't gone unnoticed. Big Daddy has very calmly fielded emails RE: PIE QUESTIONS that begged immediate responses - even though he's very busy and important. And as a Christmas gift LD bought me a membership to the very exclusive Pie of the Month Club. One of the perks of membership is that I receive a monthly post card that has original pie art on one side and a recipe on the other side. At the risk of seeming ungrateful, most of the recipes are too complicated for the likes of me. They call for double boilers and custards and multiple steps and such. But July brought a recipe for Strawberry 7Up pie that I could not resist. The crust and the filling called for generous doses of 7Up and Food that has soda in it gets me all excited!

In the end the pie was a little disappointing. I guess I was expecting more fizziness?

16 comments:

Tian Tian said...

You know what's better than pie? Well,...actually, I can't think of anything right now.

Unknown said...

Oh! But they look so beautiful!!!
Here's another pie resource: http://yearofpie.blogspot.com/

It's this weird girl's pie blog (OK, it's Ann). There are some tried and true recipes there. Also, I'm sending you the blueberry sour cream pie recipe. SOOOOOOOOOOO good.

ferskner said...

I fully support these pies, Heiderhead. Will you fully support my blog? www.xanga.com/ferskner

-Ann

Jeremy said...

I'm

Jeremy said...

also

Jeremy said...

a

Jeremy said...

fan

Jeremy said...

of

Jeremy said...

soda

Jeremy said...

in

Jeremy said...

cooking.

Jeremy said...

HA! Teach you to gripe about me not commenting on your blog enough...

Rachel said...

so why haven't you shared the recipe?

Unknown said...

I came back and thought "WOW! 13 comments, how does she get all those comments by only posting once every three months!"
Heheheh

The Perkins Fam said...

Hide, I am very impressed! I have only tackled pumpkin pie, and that is no feat to brag of.

Craig said...

Mmmm...those pies look good. You have never referenced me in your blog. Not once. I will gratify your need for attention and post funny comments on your blog, but you must in turn vindicate my presence here with at least one blog reference. (It should probably start out like "One person in my life to whom I don't give enough credit is Craig.")