Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Brand of Crazy

The lovely and dark Ms. N came to visit me over the weekend. We had a great time talking. Originally her visit was going to be a camp out (I haven't been camping in Texas yet) but I had a mysterious ankle pain that would have made a trip into the wild unpleasant. As an alternative activity I tentatively suggested the Indian cinema in Irving. Been dying to get out there for some Bollywood but could never find somebody crazy enough to go with me. N. is great at being accomodating and so she and I sat in a darkened Bollywood movie theater watching song and dance in Hindi for four hours. Here is a pic of me and my Indian movie star boyfriend Shahrukh Khan.



Also on Heider's list of must-see Dallas attractions was Central Market.
We bought italian soda in Blood Orange and Pomegranate, challah, french cheese, and Truffle Pig chocolate truffles. Thankfully, N. was appropriately impressed.
We packed our delectable finds and went for a N.'s birthday picnic at White Rock Lake. There would have been birthday cupcakes from Sprinkles but we ate them all the day before.


Sushi works just as well.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are such beautiful candles!
I will come visit. I promise.

Ben, Telia, Aeden and Eliza said...

I love reading your blog. You are an amazing writer and just really miss you.

The Perkins Fam said...

Do you know what totally makes my day?? Checking your blog and finding a new post!!!! I am getting you something in the mail SOON!! I wish I could fit in a little box and come visit, but the postage would be outrageous! 5K is this weekend, pray for me and please attend my funeral should it become neccessary!

Jeremy said...

*chanting* New blog! New blog! New blog!