Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Y-M-C-Heeeeeey Baby!

I used to workout at Gold's Gym in Utah. The reason I chose Gold's becomes an increasing mystery to me. Before my mission they tried to scam me out of around 90 bucks and then finagled me into sitting on the phone for over three hours to sort it out. Because I'm a sucker I turned around and bought another membership after my mission. I was seduced by all of their classes that fit into my kickboxing fantasies.
Now I work out at the YMCA. There is no YMCA in Utah. Why is that? It seems that the mormon community would embrace the tenets of the YMCA. Christian brotherhood, family fitness etc., and we pray and "thank the Good Lord for our bodies" after every class.
It has been quite the adjustment going from classes where the conversations were about "like, how many calories have you burned in this class before?" to "girl, I be workin' hard in this class, got Satan all up on my back."
Figure 1

Figure 2

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think also your "friends" may have influenced the Gold's decision too. "We all have passes, join us..."
You have to admit, sauna nights were fun at the Gold's.

StrykerLOVE said...

they talk like that at the golds gym in provo? times sure have changed since i lived there - love that you pray at your ymca classes. thats classic and may have to start doing that myself