Sunday, January 27, 2008

THE DIVING BELL AND THE BUTTERFLY


See this movie. It's based on the memoirs of Jean-Dominique Bauby, a french journalist and former editor of french Elle who suffers a debilitating stroke but goes on to write about his experience by learning to communicate with only his left eye. For a proper review you can go here.
The cinematography, the story, and the acting were all wondrous. But be prepared to crave a croissant after. Oh and why do foreign films have all the genuine looking actors and we have to put up with Julia Roberts in film after film?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I will see the movie, you know how easily I am talked into seeing anything you tell me to.
I like Julia.
Croisant= -5 points.

Deven and Eva said...

Hiedi When are we going to see you again? I will tell Eve to watch that movie. Maybe when Holly gets home I can take both of you sledding, we have tons of snow in the Mtns.

alexis said...

hello heidi, it's alexis, wayne's wife. Like your blog! It's good to see what you're up to. You can come check us out at lovethelesas.blogspot.com. TTFN!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.