Sunday, September 30, 2007

Parting is such sweet sorrow...unless you make it Ugly


The ability to make an ugly face is important to me. This makes me somewhat of a critic when taking pictures. Of course, I can smile normally but that's not entertaining. So after the first picture has been taken and it's time for the 'make a face' picture, I really shine. Not only have I a mastered my facial muscles to the point that I have names for my different funny faces ( Dry Heave, Goblin Child, Botox, etc..) but I really respect other people who aren't afraid to be hideous.
That said, this is what I really wanted to write about - The end of my career at WIA. *sniffle* The above picture portrays the best 'funny face' my beloved coworkers could produce. Some are awesome (which raises my esteem for said person) others are, well, lacking. However! That does not mean that each person that I have shared the last two years with at WIA has not impacted me.
In fact, I would like to address each one in this public forum.
Paris,
You will always be taller than me, and perhaps you don't have to work so hard at destructive behaviors to get the public attention but you've always been a proper frenemy. Thanks for all the diet coke, celery sticks and dove to counteract the celery sticks. Oh, and the awesome time on your boat...I mean yacht.

Dear Samoan Princess,
You are the best world's best boss, and I mean that in a non Michael Scott kind of way. I'll miss trying to take you down in the hallway and your wealth of random fitness tidbits. Picture me on a treadmill somewhere in Texas, pounding out one last mile because the monitor hasn't reached all even numbers yet.

Dear Prego,
Thanks for setting me up when I was too lazy to socialize but too lonely to refrain from complaining about it. You know I'll help you paint your house, watch your kids, take a kickboxing class with you ANYTIME. May we continue as Buddha's Feast sisters many long years.

Dear Commuter,
Anytime 'I earned it' I will fondly think of you. As well as anytime I order a fancy drink. You are one of the most thoughtful and sincere people I know. Thanks for always letting me mooch flavor and stain stick from you. I'll keep you posted on any triathalons that we could meet in the middle at.

Dear Karl Marx,
Why doesn't anybody listen to you? At least I do. It's a good thing too because otherwise I wouldn't have a clue about tracking one's temp, grad school, Uworks, and good hair. Also, I passed statistics with the help of your husband. You guys should apply in Texas...just sayin.

Dear Token Male,
Really I can sum up what I have to say to you in one word - sorry. For all of the mistakes I made in Case Managing that you surely don't know about yet. May you continue to provide balance. Oh, and watch out for posting non-authorized flyers in the building. Seems that doesn't go over too well.

Dear Miko,
I apologize to you as well. For all the mistakes I made that you will have to fix. Whatever, I know you won't judge me, and if you do I'll think smugly about you walking around in sweat shop clothes. I hope you love the job. Keep spinning.

And so I lovingly dedicate this post to the staff at WIA. They are saving the world one GED at a time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are sooo sweet!!! I will miss you something fierce. Today is already less fun without you.

StrykerLOVE said...

h - hows the cd? anything good on for you - or too weird (if yet to that its all marc's fault!) keep us updated on how the move is - don't forget to blog just because you are so busy!

Unknown said...

I don't know any of those people, but I love your dress.

The Perkins Fam said...

Hey, are you alive down there in the execution capital of the world?? Miss ya!!

Jules said...

Okay, I know this post is really old, but we just happened to stumble upon your blog. Brandon is a little offended that he didn't get a paragraph... and wants to know why you defiled his UV flag.

GO WOLVERINES!

:)