Friday, July 27, 2007

"Food, glorious food! Hot sausage and mustard!"

Today La Dolcezza thinks I am going to blog about her witty gmail chats. But I must refrain because, while they are very entertaining, the humor is at the expense of others and this is a HATE FREE blog 'yo. *Careful not to offend LD as she is my only reader.
Just kidding, actually I am as much a fan of the macabre as the next 'Office' lover but I wanted to say something else tonight. And that something else is this: that I love good produce.

No really, you know you are a foodie when you pass a gorgeous cherry tree on your morning run just laden (almost in the biblical sense, although I don't really know what that means) with luscious red gems and you contemplate stopping to sample the goods.

This happened to me the other day. Plus, I can't seem to get enough of the 'delights of the season'. Cherries, melons, mangoes, limes- I want lime on everything. And fresh corn on the cob. I don't even need butter, just one golden line after another. Also, I could hang a bunch of cilantro from my rear view I like the smell that much.

Lastly, I confess, to having eaten an entire bag of fresh peas on the freeway going to work today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have two comments for you today.

1. You should probably not ever run with Steely Dan. She tends to get distracted too. More by things like "look at that bird!" or "do you see those golden hills?" The two of you would never get anywhere.

2. The corn they sell at the fair here in town is first dipped in a crock-pot full o'butter. Mmmmm.

Annndddd... I'm spreading the word a bit so you have more readers of your tasty posts k?